September 6, 2008

The Wave Came

So here I sit at the end of my first week of classes, and all I can say is that I can see much work ahead of me. I have a little group of two others that studies together whenever possible and I'm quite certain we've already spent 20ish hours in the library this week! I think that's more straight hours of studying than my entire high school career! When I get done, I'm only weighed down by the fact that there's still more to do after the next deadline and that I could work on it now or later......yeah...

I'm taking 13.5 credit hours: Calculus (I've already AP tested out of it, but Freshman Academy requires I take it anyways), Physics, Book of Mormon, Exploring Engineering Seminar, and Intro to Programming. I'll have you know I've officially moved ahead of my computer programming class by an entire week and a half, and I could push further on my own quite easily ;)
I didn't make it into Men's Chorus, but I'll definitely reaudition in the following years. If enough people here pressure me into it, I'll head into the non-audition choir, but I haven't heard too many great things about it :/
Honestly though, the biggest problem to me right now is how I'm still stuck in this forearm splint! I've had so many chances to impress on the piano (which I somehow managed to do somewhat with my 7 available fingers), and it doesn't help that I'm desperate to practice this new music my mom gave me before she left. They even have private practice rooms in the basement of my dorm and I can't really have a solid practice session! I'm scheduled to get what's predicted to be my last x-ray on the 15th, but no guarantees that I'll be fully healed by then.
Every time I walk by it, the former Cannon Center is continuously being demolished and carted away to make room for an extension to the new Cannon Center. Even now they're still not completely done with the interior and the exterior of the place, but it's still amazingly nice! Rumor has it, a creamery is going into the Cannon Center in the near future!

3 comments:

MomD said...

It sounds like you had an overwhelming week!! Hope the splint comes off soon...I know how frustrating that can be first hand!! Sorry to hear you did not make the chorus this time, but hope you will try again!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for an easy transition to this new episode in your life!! Remember to throw some fun in there once in a while!! Thanks for keeping us posted!! Love you!! Gram

meohmyers said...

I forgot. Have you declared a major? Is it in computers? What a huge bummer to have to re-take Calculus! I never was a math person. I did love my Physics class though! Sounds like you've got some good classes to keep you plenty busy. That's great you've already studied 20 hours this week! Keep it up! But definitely squeeze in some fun time, too. I love the updates. Ahhhhh, the memories...

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

After I woke up from FAINTING, I'll agree 20 hours is more than you've ever studied!! I definitely think you should keep up with the singing so you can improve your voice if you think you'll audition again. Hopefully you'll have some fun kids in you ward FHE group to prod you out into the social world!