September 7, 2008

Close Encounters

Today I attended a regional conference in a completely packed Marriot Center. It was broadcasted to stake centers in the nearby areas and it served as the meeting for 135 stake conferences at the same time! Present was Marlin K. Jensen of the Seventy, Pres. Monson's daughter, Ann M. Dibb of the young women general presidency, Pres. Boyd K. Packer, and Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf! I was quite impressed being in such a close proximity to these inspired individuals. Granted, I was sitting about 130 degrees clockwise of the pulpit, in the upper section, but it was great being able to hear the messages that they gave today. And now I'll finish off the day going to the worldwide broadcast of the CES fireside where Jeffrey R. Holland will be speaking! This is turning out to be one of my more memorable Sundays!

P.S. I am now officially the floor council president!
Don't worry dad, it's not extremely time consuming, it's essentially an activities committee ;)

2 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

1st step to stake president sweety! Wow, no wonder you weren't taking any calls! that's a loaded Sunday. That is an upside of Byu I forgot about.

MomD said...

Be careful...ask your Dad what happened as a result of being FHE leader.:)