September 13, 2008

Hand Issues

Well, I just got back from a fun night with some friends of mine. We were going to see some stand-up comedy, but the tickets were sold out...of course......
So we switched gears and we went bowling instead! Good thing I'm still well equipped with my splint on my right hand :/ Compelled to bowl lefty, I walked away with a humbling score of 52 while the highscorer was one of the girls who claims she doesn't ever bowl this good (3 strikes (no turkeys, but one double) and I think a spare or two). She ended up gettting herself a 134! Even more humble pie because I don't think I would've gotten that high even with my right hand!
I did get xrays for my hand yesterday afternoon though (yes mom, I shipped them off). I looked at them for a little bit and my untrained eyes perceived that they looked exactly the same as my very first hand xray :/ but 6 weeks should be pretty much long enough, right?
I did attempt to play a little piano without the splint on this morning and everythng felt fine as far as pain goes. I haven't tried waterfall yet, and I hope I can heal up enough to be able to play it again...especially since my left wrist can't survive through that song without some pain!!!
Hope all's well with everyone!

1 comment:

MomD said...

Sounds like you are having some fun after all! And it doesn't hurt to let the girls win sometimes at what you guys do!! :) What a good sport you are!! I know you are dying to get back to the piano so I hope this thing is healed and you are able to get on with your life!! Besides, Jason can take your place...you can pass it on with pride!! Could not believe that!! I, on the other hand, have fallen to no immunity to 3 year olds with runny noses and coughs. It's so fun!! Have a great week!! Love, Gram