September 9, 2009

MTC week 1

So now this blog is the "mission diaries". I'll post Jeff's letter's here for all to be inspired.

Hola Familia!I have 30 minutes to type this so sorry for mistakes.Phew, the first week has been super intense! The MTC is just ramming my head with info like no other! It's day 6 now (P-day!!!) and they already have me singing, praying, bearing testimony, practicing street contacts, and getting to know people en español! I'm actually doing really with it though so I'm happy. After the first week things start to become routine and less stressful so I´m doing well. It only took a few days to run into a ton of my friends! I saw Elder Hawkins on the first day actually! I still don't have a picture (and I'll have to send the eventual picture as a paper copy because of complications), but we're working on it.I´m the district leader over my district of 6 élderes y 4 hermanas. We´re all headed to the Argentina, Salta mission, which is a rarity apparently to all be headed to the same place at the same time. I´m excited though! It just means that we´ll grow even closer together and the plane ride down will be fun! My companion, Elder Dibb, is from Paul, Idaho (you'll have to look it up, it's southern) and is a great guy. He's a tall guy and makes me feel rather short, but we're doing well. Our unity continues to grow every day and I'm sure we'll get teaching together down pretty well here in a couple weeks. Our whole district is great! We all have a great sense of humor and love working with each other.As for my address, letters and packages can be sent to:Elder Jeffrey PowellMTC Mailbox # 311ARG-SAL 11022005 N. 900 E.Provo, UT 84604Can I get one of you to go on my facebook and put this address in my "About Me" section as well as send it in a message to everyone in my mission group (Drew should know/be able to figure out what I mean). I would highly encourage the usage of www.dearelder.com however (Include that on facebook as well). It's fast and easy. My mailbox # is 311, my approx. departure date is November 2nd, and my mission code is ARG-SAL. Notice all of these are found in the above address.Felíz Cumpleaños Jason!!!Hope things are going well at home! If you respond to this email address, I won´t be able to read it until next Tuesday btw, so dearelder will probably work best. jeff.r.powell.MAS@MyLDSMail.net is my email address though and I'll be able to use it on P-days. Let me know what email address(es) I should be writing to!Mom, they gave me a set of Spanish scriptures for free here :P and to top it off, the church just recently authorized and began distributing their own copy of the Bible (with footnotes and the pictures and such), which is now in my possession. I may be sending some Spanish scriptures back home in a few weeks. Drew will put them to use, I'm sure. If not, give them to Brandon ;)Yo amo a ustedes! (I love you guys!) Hope to hear from you soon!LoveÉlder PowellP.S. I've seen some crazy name badges down here! I'm definitely glad mine is in the much simpler Spanish language!

No comments: