September 29, 2009

MTC week 4

I will be watching General Conference in a multi-purpose building here that houses all of our devotionals and such. Don't worry, I'll get a break in between all the sessions so I'll be able to walk still after it. I'm super excited though! Take good notes ;)Dad, your commentary of Nick and Jason was priceless, muchas gracias. XDDrew wrote me one email during the 2nd week and that's been it. It's ok though, I've written out 17 letters and 4 emails (including everything from today) in the past 4 weeks--I've kept busy :)Also for Dad: "Amo a vosotros" translates to "I love you guys", so it doesn't quite work when you send me letters ;) Your bank of options consist of "te amamos", "amamos a tu" (if you want "we love you"), "te amo", or "amo a tu" (if you want "I love you").The October Ensign is chock-full of missionary type articles! :D Definitely read through all of it, but I have some pages to point out. Mom MUST read pg. 22 (especially MUST read 27). You'll soon see why ;) pg 16 talks about being a member missionary. You should totally hold a FHE with the kids teaching missionary lessons and/or answering questions an investigator would have. Pg 76 talks about Preach My Gospel (Predicad Mi Evangelio if you want Spanish). Pg 28 talks about this new artbook that the church has put out. Which brings me to another topic. I bought this artbook and it's fantastic and I'd recommend it for you guys. I can buy anything here and I get a 40% off discount on anything here--literally anything. I got the Spanish primary songbook for like 5 bucks. The artbook was like 3-4 bucks. I get $6/week on my little card here that I can use in addition to my own change (haven't had to use yet). So if there's anything you want me to look for, let me know and I can send it back home.I was in a meeting with the Argentine consul yesterday and he answered a lot of questions about Argentina for us. It's actually a requirement for our visas that he meet with us. My visa hasn't come through yet, but it's looking like it's going to come very easily, so I'm getting excited!I have a few quoteables I more-or-less came up with here: "Don't serve your mission (live your life?) looking in the rear-view mirror or else you'll crash. Focus on the road ahead of you so you can end up where you want to go." Neat, huh? My other one is "Take care of the garden that the Lord has given you stewardship over and the garden will bear fruit to support and sustain you." They've definitely applied to me so far while I've been here.As far as my Spanish goes, I (theoretically) know the 2 past, present, present perfect (to have done something), present progressive (to be doing something), future (will do something), and conditional (would do something) tenses as well as command form. I'll be teaching the first missionary lesson in Spanish starting this week--Hopefully I'll get it down! Just a bunch of vocab to tackle.Keep working hard, everyone! ¡Recuerden orar siempre!Os Amo,Elder Powell

No comments: