September 22, 2009

MTC week 3

Hola Todos!
This week's responses:
I could definitely hear the BYU game from where I was--especially when we got touchdowns and otherwise good plays. A bunch of the elders were moaning about missing it, but I was ok ;)The yellow fever shot was just fine--no issues. I paid it off with my debit card. I got the insurance reimbursement form sent to you. Don't know if you can use it, but just in case.The zucchini bread and cucumber made it just fine and were both quite delicious--thanks!I have a few requests: if you can find it, send my pitch pipe; I need a larger travel towel (it only overlaps by about 2 inches, I just dealt with it at first, but I'm thinking I'll want a bigger one now); and I also could use a line of authority from Dad.Not much has happened out of the usual this week. It got noticeably colder a couple days ago, which has been quite nice for me. I couldn't help it--I've started singing with the MTC choir! Our zone got a new district a week ago and they're headed to Nicaragua, Spain, and Panama.Do you guys remember a Steward family from Alabama? An Elder Steward walked up and started to talk with me randomly the other day. He randomly pulled out the fact that I used to live in Alabama. I was shocked and floored! I asked how he knew that, and he was like "Oh I used to go to cub scouts with you and stuff like that." hahaha, I was amazed that he remembered! He's lived in Alabama since and he's headed off to the Chili, ConcepciĆ³n South mission.Mi espaƱol es bien. I´m able to say things in the present, preterite (one of the 2 past tenses), future, conditional (ex. I would ______), and present progressive (to be ____-ing) tenses now. I still need to get comfortable using it in daily language. It's coming though! Irregulars make it fun--that's for sure! Here's a fun one I discovered the other day: In English, we have "to go ___", "I go ___", and "I am going ____". In Spanish, it's "ir ___", "yo/estoy voy ___" and "estoy yendo ____"!Thanks for all the updates from home. It's always nice to hear how things are going.Amo a vosotros!Elder Powell

No comments: