May 26, 2009

What do you get...

...when you cross the last week of May with BYU?
Answer: EFY *COUGH*brats*COUGH*
They've invaded. And they are going to be here all summer so I get 4 weeks straight of them...Honestly, when I went to EFY here, I barely had a clue the students existed. Now that I see the situation from a completely different angle, I see the full truth. They practically dominate our conversations! I'll be good though, I promise.

A few more scenery shots that I sprinted to just in the nick of time:


The Cannon Center has made some nice progress recently. Outside they poured a new sidwalk by the tunnel, began work on underground piping and such, and started an interesting brick pattern:

The biggest changes were inside though: lots and lots of carpet:
It's getting close for me to leave BYU for awhile. I hope I get most of the changes before that time comes!

They also made progress on the pool demolition and the...well...whatever it's going to be:

We heard a fantastic fireside from the 1st counselor in our stake presidency on Sunday about temples. A couple interesting facts from that meeting-I found out our stake currently contains 1 ward. I think this will be the only time in my life that that will ever happen to me! I also talked with the speaker afterward (because this was actually the 2nd time I'd heard his talk; I heard it 3 years ago at EFY!) and talked with him about Argentina since he served his mission, and as mission president, in Chile. He tells me I'm going to run into a lot of people that are content with their lives and aren't necessarily searching for anything more. This definitely helps me with what I need to be focusing on in my preparations.

No comments: