August 30, 2010

Semana 51 - Mariano Moreno

¡Hola Todos!
Well, this week has been rather rough. About 95% of our appointments didn't happen, and about 90% of our backup plans didn't work either......but we're still going strong! My new companion is from Sárate, Buenos Aires, Argentina! He's doing great and I'm sure we'll have a good couple transfers together. We did have a crazy situation when he came in: I was walking around in a trio on Tuesday, waiting for the phone call to come in letting me know information about him and when he was coming in. Around 7:15, I got a call from my zone leader, asking me if I had picked up my kid yet...I was like "Uhhh...no....no one's called me yet...", to which he replied "uhh......I'll call you right back."!!!!!!! So we started walking right to the terminal anyways--really quick! Moments later, one of the office elders called, telling me that he actually left around 5:30 for Jujuy and should be at the terminal already!!! And then the zone leader called again, telling me that the assistants to the president actually failed in calling anyone from our particular zone about arrival times! So we rushed down to the terminal where we found Elder Grzelak (my companion, that's not a typo either), and another Elder that had to wait for his papi to make the 40-minute trip to Jujuy to pick him up! My area brushes up against the terminal, so we were elected to wait until the other missionaries got there before we could head out, so we had a good conversation! Things are going well though as far as the companionship is going. Being District Leader isn't so hard either, I just have to make a little hour lesson for Thursdays, and that's it basically ;)
I have to say, I'm super-super excited for the new Duty to God program for the young men that just got here this past week!!! I almost want to go back and do it again :P
Well, that's about all that happened this past week. Hope school is starting up well for everyone!
-Love
Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: