September 6, 2010

Semana 52 - Mariano Moreno

¡Hola Todos!
Well, it's true: according to my counting method, there are 52 weeks in a year......because I just hit my one year mark this past week!!!!!! Unfortunately, we had a fun 2-zone activity that went a little overtime today, so I don't have much time to write more details about the week than what I have written below!
We recently received a new video series from the church called "The District 2", which basically follows this district of 8 missionaries around in their mission in California, showing us the various teaching situations that they're in. The cool part is that it's all real: there aren't any actors at all! I learned a ton from what was shown, and we still have to see a little bit more this Thursday! It killed me though because it seemed there were a lot of nice luxuries in the California missions compared to here!
We also received word that the newly called 2nd counselor in the South America South area, Elder Bradley D. Foster, is coming to the mission to give us a big conference!
We also had a baptism yesterday! His name is Zair Segovia(sounds like sah-eer) and is a 9-year-old son of a less-active family. The baptism actually turned out really great with lots of people there! We'll be confirming him next week! You'll have to ask me for the detailed story sometime later because I really don't have too much time.
Love you all!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: