August 23, 2010

Semana 50 - Mariano Moreno

¡Hola Todos!
Well, lots of changes are happening to the mission program in general, as well as what's happening in my particular mission experience as well. We now have an interview with our president every 3 months, starting this past week. The interviews will be completely separate from the zone conferences that used to be every transfer but now occur every 3 months, a little offset of the interviews. After my interview (which always seems to be extremely short in comparison to the interviews of other missionaries), I went on divisions with the zone leaders, which was a little bit of a surprise. It turned out alright though, nothing too special. They also recently came out with a new training video series for the missionaries (for those that are familiar, it's The District 2). We've actually received word that the Area Presidency really wants us to focus our study for the next couple weeks on these video clips and to give feedback to the mission president, because the president will be meeting with the area presidency and one of the 12 Apostles to review the effectiveness of the videos!!! It's crazy the kind of contacts you have when you start to be a leader in the church.
Speaking of leadership, big news: I'm finally moving up to be senior comp starting today!!! But it's even crazier: President Northcutt is making me district leader and giving me a brand-new missionary as well to train here in Mariano Moreno!!!!!! Things never get terribly comfortable in the church, but it's a good uncomfortableness :P I'm not sure who my son is, they haven't told me anything yet. I'm thinking he'll be getting in around Tuesday or Wednesday though. So I'll have lots to share next week!
Other than that, things are pretty normal here. The Book of Mormon is still my favorite book ever!!! You have to read it if you never have before!
Love you all,
-Elder Powell-
P.S. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: