August 9, 2010

Semana 48 - Mariano Moreno

Hola Todos,
Well, right as I was getting settled in and just rocking the house in Villa Alem, I got an emergency transfer call which brought me all the way back up to the capital of Jujuy on Saturday!!! I was a little sad because I had to leave 9 really good investigators that seem like they'll be baptized at the start of September! It was also a big change from a fairly-functional ward with 90 in sacrament meeting to a fairly low 30 in church this last Sunday. What happened was that the 3 missionaries that were waiting for their visas in the U.S. finally got them and arrived in the mission Friday night. Elder Bjorklund was already going to be one of the trainers this transfer, so he gets to train his kid in Villa Alem, booting me up to Mariano Moreno. It was also perfectly fit because the missionary that I'm replacing went to the offices to be trained as the new materials office elder ('materialista' is sooo much easier to say :P ). Elder Contreras, different than the Elder Contreras that was with me in February, is my new comp. He's from Bogotá, Colombia, which is known for the dancing gene that runs through everyone from there. The people are a little more hard-hearted here towards us, but the work goes on anyways!
I got here right in time though: Sunday afternoon, we had a steak 20th-birthday lunch with one of our investigators, that is the daughter of a member-family, and then I had more 'asado' today in a zone activity that was held! So I guess I can't complain too much about the early transfer.
The only other thing I have to report on is how weird an airplane stream looks like in the sky when I haven't seen one for months! That's about it though for this week: Love you all!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: