April 26, 2009

The Journey Over II

MADE IT THROUGH FINALS!!!!!!!!!
Too bad my grades aren't published till this Saturday :/ But with the end of finals comes a big day: move out of Helaman and move in to Heritage! It was really sad to say goodbye to all of my friends in Helaman. It's amazing how attached you'll get to people when you're with them for 8 months! The moveout was on a rainy Saturday. I had a friend who lives in Provo help transport my things with his family's van.

This is the extent of what I had to move over. Yes, I have a tv! A buddy of mine was getting rid of it and I was offered it. So yeah, tv for spring ;)
Got my last shots of the Cannon Center before I headed out:


I discovered where the new mailboxes are going!

So yes I had to store my things in the apartment basement when I got there because they were still closing down the building from winter semester. I killed time by trudging through the rain to get lunch, buy textbooks, and discover the location of my classes. I got back and found this to be the initial state of my room:
After about 4 hours of Jeffafication, I managed to get this:
This room is smaller than the room I had in Budge, but it is complete with a walk-in closet:
...and this is the kitchen:
I'm pretty excited to see what life is like over here! Classes start on Tuesday so not much down time :/ Oh well, bring it on!

2 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I thought of a good movie. 17 again. It's supposed to be really funny. Go see it! I'm dying to know what you've cooked so far! How does it feel to be really on your own?

Jeff Powell said...

I've cooked soup and mac & cheese...nothing special yet. 17 again didn't look that good just looking at the movie poster.....you go see it first. I still want to experience a week or two of life before I start giving judgment to it.