April 21, 2009

Springtime


HOORAY FOR SPRING WEATHER!!!
Sorry, I had to get that out :)
Well I finally found some time in between finals to get a blog out to yall! I've taken 4 out of my 5 so far. Pretty well on mission prep, felt good about calculus, 80% on Comp. Sci. 124, 74% on American Heritage (so glad I got a decent grade on that), and just Comp. Sci. 235 left. Good thing I only need to get a 41% on it to guarantee an A in the class!!! :D Don't worry, I'll still do my best just to make sure. As time passes, I become more convinced that Computer Science will be really good for me...especially because of this:

...big comp. sci. meetings that provide you with an unlimited supply of free pizza!!

Life was pretty hectic for the past couple of weeks, as expected, because of last-minute labs, papers, projects, and then studying for finals themselves. But I've made it through this my second storm now and am ready for a third! I'm really sad to be leaving so many of my newly-made friends though. It always astounds me how close you can get when you're with a group for 8 months. I'm guessing it's nothing compared to the feeling of leaving the mission. Speaking of which, my stake president called me tonight and informed me that he has submitted his portion of my mission papers, which means the countdown has started! I'm am so excited; you have no idea!!! So 3 weeks or less is what we're looking at right now. Care to make a guess? ;) I'll have a group up on facebook where you can toss a guess if you'd like. (again same notice from last time I did something off of facebook: don't add me as a friend just to get into this group. It'll die out a week after I post the call on it, trust me) I don't know where I would like to go, but I do know that I'll be relieved if it's somewhere where spicy food is not in rich supply. If I get called to somewhere like that, I feel the food will be comparatively worse getting used to than speaking a different language! But yeah, I can't wait!

New updates of the Cannon Center:

I'm honestly considering seeing if the student newspaper or some other group at BYU will want these pictures I've been taking. It's usually cool to see the construction of the building that you've only seen the finished product of.
My last final is tomorrow, I move into my student apartment Saturday, and I start Spring classes on Tuesday...wish me luck!

2 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Wow, such an exciting week for you!! Life really moves along when you're busy. Loved the flower picture, and the Cannon center is looking very fancy with the concrete poured. I'm so excited about your mission papers!! You don't know how many people I've harrassed about it, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I can't wait to see the group on facebook. It'll be fun to see everyone's response. call me with your address ASAP.

Jeff Powell said...

139 Snow Hall
Provo, UT 84604