March 29, 2009

Weekends Are Nice

Last Saturday, Dad and Drew came down (on a college tour) and stole me away to go skiing at The Canyons....HOLY COW THAT PLACE IS HUGE!!!!!! It turns out Dad had a medical conference in one of the lodges there so we stayed in a nearby lodge:
Drew and I headed up and Dad joined us after lunch. Oh the beautiful views I captured:



These are just a few of them! :D So yeah, awesome day of skiing!!! I then got to perform for my ward as well as Drew and Dad on Sunday at ward wrap-up. I had a buddy on electric guitar and another singing and we performed "Fix You" by Coldplay. Unfortunately I ran into technical difficulties in adding the video to here. I did manage to add the video to Facebook and embeded it following this paragraph. To view it however, you need to be in one of my networks or be at least a friend of one of my friends (that means you can view it if you're my "friend"). NOTE: Please don't add me as a friend (or get a facebook account for that matter) just to see this video. I'll work on getting it to be viewed by everyone shortly.



So yes, last weekend was a really nice preface to a terribly busy week of schooling. I'm down to 7 school days left followed by 5 days of finals. And then Spring term! Lots of final projects and big labs are falling due now. I must say I really despise writing papers...luckily I haven't really had to write any, but I'm not looking forward to English 150 in the spring.......
I made it through the crappy week though and was rewarded with a nice visit by Dad and Drew along with Uncle Jim and Aunt Lisa all at Grandma's house. Dad managed to get 5 tickets to the Priesthood Session of General Conference and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!


A really interesting thing happened as the prophet and his counselors walked in. He started motioning for someone to come up to him. He was calling up this little boy that looked like a deacon to come up. President Monson reached down and shook his hand for a few seconds and appeared to quickly get to know him. It was really cool to see that! I'm sad I didn't have my camera out for that, but I got some of him afterwards:


Unfortunately, everytime President Monson turned around, the picture turned out blurry :/ Oh well, that's him, his counselors, and a good chunk of the Apostles!
Again, it's been a really nice weekend to be with family again. Unfortunately this coming week is a pretty close snapshot of the exact same things as last week :( Hopefully all goes well!

1 comment:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

wow, loved the conference center panorama. So glad you went. It will be a memorable experience. Buckle down, after just a few more days, the worst will be over. We love you, and are always praying for you!!