March 24, 2009

Decisions Made

I'm actually quite surprised. I don't really have too many pictures for this blog post! All I have is this nice sky that I was rewarded with after spending 4 hours in the Computer Science lab finishing up my lab assignment....


...and a couple pans of the full Cannon Center:


You'll notice on the second picture that there's kindof a line of symmetry running down the middle of the building and the walkway. I took this picture and drew up a quick sketch of what I'm envisioning in my head:

I'm pretty excited!

Since my last posting, I've made a pretty big decision. I'm going to be staying in Provo to finish out spring term! Here's what I'm seeing: it'll be nice to knock out a couple more GE's before I head out, the last day of finals for spring is June 18 and I fly out for the Hill Cumorah Pageant June 26, I don't really want to be doing concrete work, which is the job that would be waiting for me at home, and getting a job here (especially during spring) shouldn't be too hard, and I'll be moving into the on-campus apartments so I'll get a taste of apartment-living before I hit the mission. This does mean sacrificing the 2 months I would've been home with family and friends, but I think this will be worth it. I'll probably have to celebrate my birthday here in Provo too.

This last Sunday was a really interesting day. For the past 2 weeks we've had completely clear, 60-degree weather. But this last Sunday, it started out completely overcast and windy. I think the mountains were covered in smog or dust because they were completely fogged out but we could see down here...anyways, church was nice. The choir sang and we did pretty well. The big event of the day though was the dedication of the Draper Temple. We all assembled in the Marriott Center for the broadcast. My little group of friends and I sat near the top and it got a little warm and sleepy up there! But when we got to the hosanna shout and singing of The Spirit of God, I got a little choked up. It really gets to me when you're in an arena of about 10,000 people and they're all singing! As we walked out, the sky was completely clear and blue, minus the doughnut of overcast around the horizon. We got back inside and it clouded over and lightly hailed for a little bit. It was really cool! Tunnel singing was awesome, once again. I was walking home with 4 of my good friends and as we were walking, we made the impulse decision to drive out to Denny's at midnight just because we could. We had so much fun, but all the singing and the quick change to cold weather gave me a cold :( My voice has gone to the deep end and I've got a runny nose right now. I'm expecting a cough to soon follow. I hope I can get through this pretty quick because I'm skiing on Saturday and I have to perform a song on Sunday night. I'm just the backup vocals, but the song does sound better with them. We'll see what happens I guess...

No comments: