February 21, 2009

Scrabble at it's best



I got dominated in Scrabble today by Michelle. She says it was a fluke game, but I don't know...... :P
So anyways I start off with 'seek'. She follows up with 'rebooted', using all 7 tiles and getting a 50-point bonus........TURN ONE for crying out loud! Luckily I was able to land 'zoo' with the z on a triple-letter score so that helped the 50-pointer not hurt so much.
And the game kinda follows that pattern the whole way.......that is until Michelle gets her second 8-letter run. The score was 203 to 272 when we were kicked out of the lobby.
Yeah, just thought I'd share this crazy board.

3 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

ok, who put down fart? And is grun really a word? I have to admit, you both put me to shame! I can barely get a 3 letter word if I'm lucky!

Jeff Powell said...

fart was Michelle's word!
As for grun, we were using our phone dictionary to check words and it was in there....but now that I think about it, it was probably in there because it thought we were spelling 'grunt' :P
So maybe not...but still it's an awesome board!

Michelle said...

Hey, you agreed to use a cell phone as a dictionary :P Next time I'll just have to bring a real one...