May 2, 2011

Semana 86 - Villa Muñecas

Hola Todos!
We finished off the transfer pretty well. Lots of promising baptisms coming up in a couple weeks! Elder Brown and I will be staying together for another transfer, but a different elder will be district leader again.
I got some interesting paperwork this last week. I knew that they were coming because I've seen other elders get them. They're called Trunky Papers :P It's the paperwork that talks about preparations for my departure, including suitcase information, as well as a little piece asking for a couple quick pieces of information. I just completed 20 months in the mission today......It's going a little too fast. I'm celebrating though because I was walking around WalMart for the first time today, and on their "World Flavors" rack, I found Teriyaki sauce!!! Definitely taking advantage and testing out some teriyaki meatballs :P
I got to witness two baby blessings this last week. They were different blessings though. One was to a 2-week year old baby that was a little sick with pneumonia. I didn't get to participate in the blessing because of hospital regulations, but I was able to watch. The brother's reaction afterward was of gladness and surprise because he'd never given a blessing to a child that tiny before! The other blessing was the naming and blessing of the grandchild of a recent convert in sacrament meeting. I got to stand in on this one. The family is made up of a ton of converts and their testimonies are growing well in the gospel. It was a neat experience.
Last week I all-of-a-sudden realized that I'll be calling home in a week!!! I can't believe that snuck up on me so fast! We'll take full advantage of the opportunity!
Love you all!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: