October 18, 2010

Semana 58 - Mariano Moreno

¡Hola Todos!
Well, this week turned out to be just as bad, if not worse, than the
first week: nothing is working for us as we desperately try to find
new investigators. We're in a huge drought it seems--which is an
ironic statement because we actually got rain in the past few days,
which, coupled with it being Mother's Day in Argentina yesterday,
really killed church attendance! We're now trying to focus our efforts
a little more on the active and less-active members to try and talk
with their friends, family, and coworkers that aren't members. We're
especially paying attention to this approach because we've also
checked and confirmed that every investigator that we have right now
already had a family member or friend that is a member before we
started teaching them. 'Preach my Gospel' also promises that if the
members do their job in finding new investigators, giving references,
and then help out with the conversion process, more baptisms happen
and post-baptism retention rate goes way up. In my opinion, it's the
second-best method to raise retention rate, just below doing
family-history and temple work. I've had lots of meditating time on
the topic of low-success and I know that my challenges are growing my
character and that I'm going through a very important self-conversion
process, but I'm done growing up for awhile--I wanna teach someone
that wants to learn!
As for other news, due to Mother's Day being yesterday here in
Argentina, my comp got to call his family yesterday! Sorry fam, but
you'll have to wait a few more months ;)
That's about all I've got for this past week though. Here's to hoping
for happier news next week!
-Elder Powell-


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments: