October 11, 2010

Semana 57 - Mariano Moreno

¡Hola Todos!
Wow, this has been one of the toughest weeks yet. We've had to resort to knocking a bunch of doors this week, but it gave us 0% success. All our numbers were low. There was a lesson we taught with an extremely hard-to-teach man that fulfilled what 2 Nephi 9:27-29 says. Lots of appointments cancelled or just weren't there, even though we had members walking around with us a ton to help us out. Not a lot of people in general went to church this weekend (38). We tried having a ward council, but the bishopric postponed it because the required leadership callings still don't exist in the ward, so we have to wait--which means we won't be able to get as many references from the members as we could......yeah, I felt rather beaten emotionally, mentally, and spiritually by the end. It doesn't help that the neighboring sister missionaries that I'm the leader over had numbers literally 4 times as big this last week......from doing the same things as I'm doing too: knocking a ton of doors whenever you can...still trying to discover where the difference is.
I'm not giving in, that's for sure. I know I need to keep doing the things I have to do if I'm ever to leave this rut in the progress of this area, but I've found myself doing a lot of praying for these people so that we can actually get in their homes to help them out in their hectic lives. A quick question to return-missionaries: what're some ideas for finding new investigators when doors don't work? Ideas involving the church building don't really work here either because it's out of the area, out of the way, and there aren't many people that normally pass by the church.
But yeah, that's about all I've got for this week...we're all hoping for a better week coming up.
With love,
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: