July 5, 2010

Semana 43 - Yuto

¡Hola Todos!
Well, a couple of relatively big things happened this week. I'll start with the little stuff though to give a good emphasis to the bigger things.
We found a dog randomly sleeping in our bathroom yesterday! We named him Amulek, taking the name from the Book of Mormon, for lack of a better name.
 
I hit my 10-month mark this past week...time still flies by fast--double-digits!!!
 
I had a quiet celebration yesterday, the 4th of July. I had a little flag drawn in my planner that I saw all day, and then I sang all the patriotic hymns in the English hymn book at night. Just getting warmed up for Argentina's independence day, the 9th of July. May 25th apparently was a different thing, sortof related to the independance of the country, but July 9th is their independance day.
We also had a less-active sister actually come to church towards the end of the meeting yesterday! We were talking with her a little bit and she actually offered us lunch yesterday--we happily took advantage of the offer and the opportunity to talk with her more! It seems that she's doing alright. I was particularly interested how she was applying gospel principles to her somewhat-political career! She just needs to come to church now and she'll be perfectly well off--the secret to just about any stress problems these people might have!
 
The first day of this transfer, May 31st, I made a somewhat accurate guess that I would be going to the mission offices next transfer to take the place of the secretary. There are lots of reasons and random coincidences that made me make the guess: it's time for a new secretary, my trainer was the secretary before, the two 1st counselors that came to Yuto before me are in the offices now, one of them went straight from Yuto over there, both of them were companions of my current companion, (quick definition: a group of missionaries is the group that all came to the mission at the same time) the 2 groups ahead of my group and the group behind my group each have an elder in the offices--mine doesn't--many of the missionaries from my group recently changed and became senior companions and a couple are district leaders--I'm still in Yuto and I could leave soon--and, to top it all off, I'm pretty well destined to an office-job in the future! Don't worry, it gets better :P Elder Sangroni called his buddy in the offices this week to see if they knew anything about the new secretary. This is the conversation that followed:
 
(office elder) "We were actually just discussing that. It turns out President Northcutt forgot that we needed to change the secretary. So he asked us to prepare a list of potentials."
(Elder Sangroni) "Wow, well, you should put my companion's name in that list" (I thought, "oh great...")
"Oh, don't worry, that name is already in the list."
"hehe, well, you should vote for his name then."
"Oh, don't worry, I think it's gonna be him."
 
The current secretary was saying it was definitely me, and then a couple days later, the same office elder dreamed that I was the new secretary!!! It was all driving me crazy to be honest! We found out in the end though that it's gonna be another elder from my group, whose name happens to be the name that comes right before mine alphabetically :P So now that that dust has settled, I'm now starting to get anxious to hear transfers this week, especially because we all believe that I'm leaving this transfer. I'll definitely let you all know!
Love you all!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: