November 3, 2009

Semana 9

Hola del MTC
Well, the biggest thing is that I watched my district all leave yesterday morning while I moved my things into a different room...I'm sad that they're gone, but I've gotta keep busy here--there's definitely plenty to do. My new companion has actually been here a week longer than me because he had surgery on his foot and is still going through recovery. This has kinda turned us into the example/ameritus companionship of our zone :P We're in the oldest district right now and I'm just working on adjusting for the next couple days. Everyone's supportive though, things are going well. I'll get to Argentina eventually.Thank you for the pumpkin bread! I devoured the whole thing this morning for breakfast ;) Nothing really happened here for Halloween, just that we enjoyed the extra hour of sleep, oh yeah, and that the outside world LOADED us with candy, so we've just been munching and passing around handfuls of candy to everyone. You asked about the teachers giving us treats--they're not even allowed to bring in copies of conference talks, let alone treats. They really are not allowed to bring anything to us.You also asked about Jace: he left like 3 weeks ago :P It was just the 30ish November 2nd missionaries having issues. I did know about the swine flu issue with their government--found that out like week 2. I knew about the consol going to Salt Lake on the 14th, but I wasn't specifically told he comes every 6 weeks, nor that I would fly on the 16th, but thanks for the info.It was so weird calling home. I froze when the phone started ringing because I started to think "Umm, how do I start this conversation." and then Mom answered the phone, but it's been awhile so I couldn't tell if it was her, so then I started to wonder "Did I dial the right number?!" so I had to check :P I'll be a little more confident next time.We were visited by Elder L. Tom Perry last Tuesday. He gave a nice talk on how to be better teachers. It kinda surprised me that he didn't really come out with anything groundbreaking, totally unique, or incredibly spiritual. It was rather a good reminder of the basic things we should be doing to better our teaching skills.I got my 2nd Hep A shot, so immunizations should be good to go.Well, I've gotta run. I'll get 1 more email in before I SHOULD be flying out. Here's to hoping I will.
Love you tons!
Elder Powell

No comments: