March 21, 2011

Semana 80 - Villa Saavedra

¡Hola Todos!
This last week was pretty nice, especially because we never saw the sun last week (yay cooler temps!), and because we baptized a mom of 2 recent converts to the branch as well as another son of her's! She's been investigating the church for about a year now, but hasn't really been too involved in the process until recently. They're doing great now :)
The only bad news is that I'm now writing this email from a different city now: I've been transferred!!! President Northcutt actually sent both Elder Macias and I out of our area and is putting a former-zone leader in with a kid to white-wash the area! So I've been stressing out the last 2 days over making sure that all of our teaching records are up to date, and organizing all of the necessary information (map, schedule of week one, and other random stuff) so that he can work from square 1! I hope everything turns out alright for everyone there. Elder Macias got sent to Santiago del Estero (from Tartagal, about 12 hours in the bus!), and I'm in Tucumán again in an area called Villa Muñecas (Doll-Ville). My new comp is Elder Brown from Rockhill, South Carolina. He's a cool kid that just came to Argentina a transfer ago (so I'm his step-dad). He's actually looking to get into the animation program at BYU-Provo, so we're able to find stuff in common easily ;). We're looking forward to having a great time in the area, especially because everything is bigger and nicer in Tucumán, compared to the north! I'm also hoping to actually be able to stay here for a time, unlike my last spree in Tucumán, when I got yanked out of Villa Alem a month into the transfer......I still grumble a little about it because they've had an incredible amount of success in that ward--it's huge and functioning! No worries though, Villa Muñecas will get up there too ;)
Love you all!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: