November 22, 2010

Semana 63 - Villa Saavedra

¡Hola Todos!
This has been a whole lot better of a week. Even though the weather has been crazy-hot, we had success in the week. It was so hot though that I went out and bought a big hat just like the rest of the elders here. I'll have a picture up in the next couple weeks.
Villa Saavedra is full of sand: I feel like I'm walking on the beach, especially with the sun just beaming down on us! It kills me to here about the snowy weather some of you are having up there--super jealous!
There are 6 elders in our pension! It's pretty packed, but we make do. It's a party every day, that's for sure ;) Speaking of, we're really planning on partying it up Thursday night for Thanksgiving! One of the elders in the pension is from Ecuador and Peru, but he also studied at BYU-Provo for a little bit, so he knows English as well. It turns out though that he's never celebrated Thanksgiving, so we're planning on going as big as possible! We're talking chickens, potatoes, corn, bread with honey butter, salad, drinks, and desserts! I'm really wondering if I want to make cinnamon rolls, apple crisp, or banana bread!!! :P
We had a zone meeting in Orán this week. It was really lame because we had to leave on a bus at 6:00 AM and we travelled for about 3.5 hours to get there! We missed the bus coming back, so we didn't get back home until 8:00 PM!!! It was nice seeing other missionary friends, but it was a little bit of a waste of time. We made up for it in the bus ride though ;) Let's just say we had a little bit of fun!
There's actually an indian tribe that lives on the outer edge of Tartagal called the Wichi tribe. I really want to learn their language because there aren't too many that speak Spanish, but unfortunately it's out of my area :/ oh well.
We had a good day in church. Our branch hit 56 people in church. I was attacked with the assignment of a talk for my first Sunday! It was because the missionaries and the ward mission leader give talks every 3rd Sunday of the month...I made a good one though on how to be more useful to God and to Zion. I basically just took ideas from 3 of the talks I already wrote in Yuto ;)
All in all, this week was rather successful. We're looking to have a couple baptisms this weekend if all goes well. It's going to be a rocky ride all the way to Saturday, but we're really hoping for a good result!
I love you all!!! Have a good Thanksgiving holiday!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: