November 15, 2010

Semana 62 - Mariano Moreno

¡Hola Todos!
Well, I've received a transfer and I'm writing this letter in a different area. I'm now in Villa Saavedra, which is nearby a slightly bigger area called Tartagal. I'm in the province of Salta again, but way way up north this time. We're talking very close to the Bolivian border! This part of the mission is known for it's hot weather and mosquitos, and I've just transferred into it right in the thick of summer! We'll see how I can handle 40-50 degree celsius weather (100-120 degree fahrenheit)!
My last week in Mariano Moreno went well. We had our interviews with President Northcutt on Thursday. He expressed his concern for my recent run of low numbers, but we talked it through and figured out a little plan to get things going again. We did hit a record attendance in church yesterday--60! We were super-excited for that. But other than that, it was a fairly normal week, except for right at the end when I had to say goodbye to the good families I got to know there. Check out the photos!
I'm now a step-dad as we call it here in the mission. In other words, I'm the second companion in the field of Elder Speakman, my comp, of course. He's from California and ready to rock and roll! I'm not district leader, so that'll be nice to be able to just focus on the work for a little bit. We're out in the middle of nowhere here in northern Salta, but I've already got experience in small pueblitos, so I think I'll be able to get into the groove of it again. I'll definitely have to enjoy it to the best because I'll be hitting Thanksgiving and Christmas in this transfer!
Don't really have too much else to mention for this week. Just that I love you all!!!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: