April 19, 2010

Semana 32 - Yuto

¡Hola Todos!
Mom: I can't believe you remember Andreas and his dad--I barely remember them! But hey, that's great that they're receiving the missionaries! I burst out laughing once I heard Spencer's engaged--2 months!!! That'll definitely be a little funky seeing once I get back! What's her name? It could be that I know her from when I was in singles ward, but I'm not too sure because of the Montana part. I hope Jason and Nick aren't running for Bloomsday--let's keep in mind the Sabbath Day, like it says in Exodus 20 and Mosiah 13 ;) I'm thinking I'll be calling home once I get home on May 2nd--around 9:30-10:00 my time--so that should make about 5:30-6:00 your time...I think. I already have a 40-minute card that I've bought down here, so I think I'll just use it instead of having you call me like last time.
 
I finished the Book of Mormon project on the 14th, which makes about my 4th read-through of the book--still think it's the best ever! As they say down here--¡Leelo! (Read it!) Speaking of the Book of Mormon, we've been playing a fun little game in our lessons with the members this past week: we fan through the pages until they tell us to stop, they choose the page and column and then one of the verses in the column. We read the scripture and right there on the spot, we teach what that verse is trying to tell the particular member. We've had some funny run-throughs, like "And it came to pass that Nephi died," Ephraim in the study guide in the back, and other scriptures giving the accounting of what year it was! But we've had a ton of great teaching opportunities that seemed almost magically perfect for the situations that they were in! It's a great test to see how much of the book you really know ;)
 
Today is day 1 of a new transfer: I'm still with Elder Sangroni. We finished the last transfer with 2 baptisms!!! 4 hours before the end of the transfer too! We baptized 2 daughters of a great family. We just need to baptize the one son and the mother now! I didn't end up baptizing either of them, which left me in charge of directing the whole program. I got to direct, play the piano, and teach the whole first lesson while we were waiting for the wet ones to change. It turned out really great though. Our baptismal font is not buried in the ground, rather it's a rectangle metal frame with a pool liner as the font. Too bad the font has holes in it, so when we came back 3 hours after starting to fill it, we had a good-sized puddle of water on the concrete floor (thank goodness carpet nor wood floors exist here!) and the font about half-way full! Everything worked out fine for us though.
 
We had our first couple of cold days this past week. I'm guessing we hit about 50 degrees, but I'm a bad guesser. Either way, I just loved walking around in short-sleeves still while everyone else was super-bundled up!
 
I keep forgetting, but I ran into to the first bathrooms in my life where they charge you money to use it! The bus terminal always has a table outside the bathroom with a lady sitting there, taking 50 cents from you as you walk out!!! I couldn't believe it!
 
Gotta run--love you all!
-Elder Powell-



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: