February 17, 2010

semana 23- Salta

WOOHOO, MY FIRST BAPTISM!!! :) I’ll get to the details in a sec.
First off, since it’ll be in 2 days, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I hope you have a wonderful week! I hear everywhere is getting piled with snow this year...except for the places that usually get snow! How’s the weather for you this year?
We decided to help out this member pour some concrete in his house to level out (and raise the level of) the floor of one of the rooms. A big thank you goes to Tyler Forbush for giving me the basic knowledge of concrete pouring! My comp is studying civil engineering in Chile so he actually knew more than me, but we’re pretty sure it’s the nicest floor in his entire home!
The baptism was great! Unfortunately the computers are hit-and-miss on recognizing my camera, so I’ll have to try next week to send you the pictures. Her name is Mirta Arce, a single-mother of 2. We actually had 2 baptisms on Saturday: the other was the granddaughter of the member we poured concrete for. Of course, being my first baptism, the horror stories happened: we entered the baptismal font and the water was WAY cold! And then I had to do it twice because air got into her sleeve. That’s not the end of it though: I get back to the bathroom and I realize that I forgot to pack my towel, so I had to do what I could to dry off the best I could! But with all of this going on, the baptism was still really nice and we’re hoping to have another baptism this next Saturday!
Well, that’s about it for this week. Hope all goes well for everyone!
I love you all!
-Elder Powell-

P.S. New email address: jeffrey.powell@myldsmail.net
The myldsmail system went through a major update and is now powered by Gmail (super nice :D ) I had to go through a whole transfer-over process, and in the process, they generated this email address for me. I think I'll be getting instructions from my mission president this week about the system. I wouldn't be surprised if the address changes again, but we'll see.

No comments: