January 3, 2011

Semana 69 - Villa Saavedra

¡Hola Todos!
This week was super-funky. Every single day was cloudy and/or rainy!!! I didn't need to take my hat out at all!!! Too bad today heated up again, I would've loved a couple weeks of "fresco" as they say here, basically meaning just a little cool!
It was rough doing missionary work this week because everyone had plans for the New Year. We found lots of old investigators though that we could teach and help out, so that was good.
We celebrated the New Year at our pension again. It was almost a perfect repeat of Christmas, except that the zone leaders didn't come, and we made tacos at the church! It was nice though. Really weird thinking that I'm entering into the same year that I'll be going home in! It just makes me feel really old, especially because yesterday I hit my 16-month birthday, leaving only 8 to go!
Once again, we had low attendance in church. I don't know what the people are thinking, but I'd picture the first Sunday of the year to be a good opportunity to make good habits. Oh well, I enjoyed it at least.
My new comp is really nice. Elder Macias is from La Plata, Buenos Aires, and has a really quiet personality, which is completely opposite from your stereotypical "porteño" (resident of Buenos Aires). He just has three months in the mission, but I'm already his 3rd comp in the field!
Don't really have anything else for this week. Hope the New Year's celebration went well for everyone!
Love,
Elder Powell



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: