January 25, 2010

Semana 20-Salta

Hola Todos,
Congrats to Parker Geren heading to Phoenix, AZ!!! He definitely needs to write Elder Case so he can get a headstart on the people and the places there! And Matt Rawlins got sent to Haiti as the…mission president…? What a fantastic surprise for everyone! I have lunch from 1:00 – 3:00 everyday so I chunk out a lot of the siesta time, but there’s no way I could give up that time!
Well as for me, I’ve got a few things for this week. One of the members gave me the name ‘Powell Ranger’ because the way that these people struggle to say my last name, it comes out sorta like ‘Power’, so yeah, I’m Powell Ranger now! Thanks for the x-mas cards everyone—they finally got in this week :P Most of the people here have never seen a camelback either. I walked into a door this week and they lady asked (pointing to the tube) ‘what do you have, oxygen?’ X) Ran into my first Buddhist the other day! He didn’t give me a chance to talk. As we were walking by the church the same day, we started talking with the guy hired to cut the grass. Turns out he’s from the Orthodox church in Ukraine! I guess the government is just messed up over there so he headed out here…kinda random though!
We had zone conference on Thursday and I loved it. I’m surprised that it’s already come and gone though! We started a new project as a mission: every missionary was given a Book of Mormon in their own language and we’re going through it marking all the names/references to Jesus Christ in red and marking all the doctrines of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in blue. We plan to have the project done by 4 transfers (24ish weeks). I’m already in 2 Nephi 2 and I’m just loving it! I’ll letcha know how it goes!I gave a talk in church on Sunday. It was pretty good, but I definitely hit language barrier issues as I was trying to talk. Good thing Elder Young was there to clean up my mess ;)We cut this lady’s grass yesterday…it was incredibly tall…and we were cutting with a weed whacker and macheties! Appreciate your lawn mowers in the U.S.!A couple other things happened this past week, but I’ve gotta run!
Love you all!
-Elder Powell
-P.S. Just found out P-Day is changing to Monday!!!!!! Make notice of it.

No comments: