November 22, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

I know I've committed a terrible crime in not posting in forever. It'll be a miracle if I get some readers of this particular post! I suppose I should play a little catch-up then so everyone knows what's going on.
I was asked to the Preference Dance (girl's-choice) that happened on Nov. 8. SUPER FUN!!! Her name is Michelle Lindsey. She chose the chess-themed dance, which was a black-tie formal dance. I felt happy that I was able to wear my black shirt-silver tie combo that I wore for jazz choir in high school. I really like the outfit! Michelle looked absolutely stunning in her dress! So much so that I was speechless and I failed to compliment her on it until later in the evening. She nailed me for it later, and I felt terrible about it. I don’t suggest any of you do that, no matter the circumstance. All's well though! :) Our entire group consisted of 8 people. We had to drive a little ways to get there. It was really fun. A great variety of songs coupled with great friends makes for a wonderful evening. The dance ended at 11:30. We headed to Wal-Mart and bought some root-beer ice cream, drove back to the dorms, changed, and headed to a nearby park. We stayed there until 3 AM just playing around on the play toys, having leaf fights, and enjoying each other’s company.

The Cannon Center has made huge progress since my last update. They've poured most of the foundational concrete now. The following pictures show what they've started on with the construction of the building.



For those of you who don't know, BYU has a huge rivalry with University of Utah. The big game between them is actually happening as I'm writing this (cue huge gasps and screeches of "YOU'RE NOT WATCHING THE GAME?!?!"). They make a big deal of it during the entire week previous to the game, also known as Rivalry Week. For those of you who've attended BYU (and for those interested in the explanation of the following pictures), BYU has had multiple experiences with U of U kids coming down and pranking and vandilizing BYU property. Recently BYU has come up with some solutions:



Plastic wrapping works wonders in preventing vandalism!!! Yes, this was BYU that did this; it's not a prank :D
I've also been informed that the ham radio club here patrols alongside the campus police keeping watch for pranksters! It's pretty intense!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

6 comments:

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Ha, ha, ha love the saran wrap! Seems like you could still do something to make the Indian look crazy! Loved the pics, although I forced drew to show them to me weeks ago. You 2 are cuties! Get ready to be mauled by your family!! We're counting down the time.

MomD said...

Cute date!! Looks like you had fun!! Sorry BYU lost! Chris and Kim were so bummed!! Loved your pictures and am glad you could take a minute to post something again. Have a great Thanksgiving!! Love, Gram

Harbour said...

You should post the picture of the family statue with the sign...

meohmyers said...

So good to see you having such a fun time! I wish it would have worked out for us to get to Spokane and see you over Thanksgiving to hear some great BYU stories in person, but Jeff's on call this weekend. Have fun with your family at home! I love all the updates on your blog!

meohmyers said...

Okay, you've got my permission to think I'm a complete moron when it comes to computers but for the life of me, I can't get that zipped file you sent me of the calendar pictures to unzip!!! I'm blaming Windows Vista. Hate that program!! Anyway, will you please send me the pics in jpeg instead? I can open those for sure. My apologies...

Michelle said...

Oh, come on, I didn't nail you for anything. I didn't even realize you hadn't said anything until Jake told me I looked nice. And I agree, you should put up the picture of the family "sealed for time and all eternity."